For more information please contact
Social housing providers are extending their property portfolios to cater for a wider range of needs with different forms of tenure, particularly through shared ownership. The Right to Buy for councils and the Voluntary Right to Buy for housing associations also present providers with a number of challenges.
How we can help
Our Right to Buy advice and support services include:
- review of policy and procedures – a desk top assessment based on your organisation’s priorities
- legal and quality audit – an on-site assessment of how things work across different departments
- tailored advice and support – to reduce fraud, maximise sale prices and reduce overhead, plus regular updates on changes in legislation and case law
- in-house training – based on your particular requirements, for specialists and other teams affected by the Right to Buy.
We also work with The Shared Ownership Partnership – a specialist consultancy focusing on shared ownership and intermediate tenures. Our joint services include:
- developing your strategy
- research into local and regional demand
- sales, resale and intermediate/market rent letting
- scheme marketing feasibilities
- new product development, feasibility and funding
- setting up professional panels of lawyers and mortgage advisors
- advising boards and executive teams on key risk management tools
- writing procedures, leaseholder manuals and providing comprehensive staff training.
- putting together effective and cost efficient marketing campaigns