For more information please contact
Homelessness is increasing at a time when the capacity to respond is being affected by public spending cuts. There is a corresponding need for temporary accommodation and a growing emphasis on improving value for money and action to prevent homelessness.
Homlessness seriously affects people’s physical and mental wellbeing, and represents a signiificant cost to the public purse.
Local authorities, ALMOs and housing associations have a key role in ensuring adequate provision of both temporary and permanent homes. Now more than ever, you need to develop innovative and cost-effective ways to tackle homelessness.
How we can help
We can help you tackle homelessness by:
- establishing and interpreting evidence through data analysis, stakeholder engagement and review of documents
- carrying out a local housing market analysis
- analysing gaps, barriers and opportunities
- reviewing and updating your homelessness strategy and policy
- cost/benefit analysis to make the case for more or different resources
- reviewing efficiency and effectiveness
- sharing best practice on prevention, temporary accommodation, support and housing advice.
View our learning report for Sheltered Housing.
New collaborative projects
Join our brand new programme of collaborative projects: Working Together to implement the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017