For more information please contact
People in the UK are living longer and there are more older people as a proportion of the total population. Over the past decade, the number of people aged 65 or over in England increased by almost a fifth, and the number aged 85 and over rose by nearly a third.
This rate of increase is projected to accelerate over the next twenty years. So the
need for homes and allied support services, that are fit for living and ageing across all tenures will also continue to rise. Organisations need to respond to and ageing population (including residents with increasingly complex needs) and find new ways of preventing and tackling homelessness.
How we can help
We can help you to:
- remodelling sheltered housing / creating sustainable homes for an ageing population
- assess your housing offer to older people in the context of local demographics, health profiles and supply
- update policies and practice
- explore local partnership opportunities and potential sources of funding
- develop new approaches that reflect model practice.
View our learning report for Sheltered Housing.